Friday, September 28, 2012

School Spirit (Which School, I'm really not Sure)

Yeah, it's me agian. I guess I just couldn't wait for Zinni to take her turn. This week was "spirit" week at school. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday there were spirit days...
       Wednesday brought back "old" memories of Elementary school days. It was "wear-your-hoodie-backwards-day" (officially, no, but that's what you end up with when the day is named "inside out and backwards day").
There's a back story going on here: You see, in sixth grade, this kid started to wear his hoddie backwards, along with a large amount of the fifth grade class and a handful of sixth graders. The fad lasted about two weeks, but I had flashbacks all day.
      Thursday was Raider Day. No one has spirit days where you dress up in your rival's colors. I mean, sportsmanship is a good thing, but asking the whole school to show pride in someone else's colors, I don't think so. Almost everyone called it Raider day- I even heard it from a teacher or two. It was officially checker bored day- where you're supposed to wear red and black so the whole school would look like a checker bored. Really, it was Raider day.
     Friday. Friday, Friday, Friday. It was traditional "dress-in-your-class's-color-day". Ninth graders wear white, eighth graders, grey, and sevvys- maroon. MAROON? Really. We lost that spirit day. And, it was my first pep-assembly. It wasn't really my cup of soda pop. Though, they only happen once a quarter, so I'll live...

No comments:

Post a Comment