Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In the "Experience"

There hasn't been much that hasn't happened in my so-far JH experience. Just as Zinni, I have a top locker, for which I am glad. Here's my schedule:

1) Debate- When your brother is two grades ahead of you, you don't expect him to walk over to you on the first day of school to tell you his schedule changed and now, you share first period. Yes, that's right. My brother and I are taking a Debate class together! AND I sit next another eighth grade friend of mine, for which I am very excited.

2) Math- My math teacher is so awesome! He has the first 1,000 digits of pi memorized, or so I've been told.

3/4) Language Arts and Social Studies Block- My teacher for this knows a lot, and he goes off on these really interesting "bird walks" about interesting things. He's big on words, something that doesn't quite "suit my fancy", however, I suppose it'll do me good...

5) Life Science- This class is normal- except that there's this emergency shower in a room just off of the science room that looks like a hanging triangle from the ceiling and, if you pull it a bunch of water gets you soaked. And, there's an "eye washing" station, which I hope I don't have to end up using.

6) Family and Consumer Sciences- This class is awesome and I liked it the moment I saw it. There are seven kitchens in one classroom and no desks. It is awesome for 6th period because it's right outside my locker, and I don't have to store leftover food in my backpack. We made chocolate chip cookies the other day (except, I'm weird and I don't like chocolate so I didn't add the chocolate chips). It was so AWESOME! My group is equally fantastic.

...And then I drift off to Cross Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment