Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thou Shalt...Have A Fire Drill In The Middle Of SUMMER?!

In exactly six days, it will be the one month mark of Rhodo and my own not-being-elementary-school-kids-anymore. Am I sad about it? Hardly. I'm uber-excited! And along with summer, I have some wacky stories to tell.

So, today I was at our local YMCA pool, and then, guess what? There was a fire drill! Yes, you have me right. I thought I escaped those for a good two months once the final dismissal bell rang? But, no, of course not. I was there with Banana Nut Muffin (see earlier posts for more details on her), and we both were stuck sitting at a table outside in front of the Y for about five minutes singing camp songs to ourselves. I asked one of the workers there if we could sing the most amazing song ever that we learned at camp, but she just looked at us with that classic, no-way-pal-I-don't-think-so/ha-such-funny-kids-with-their-little-shenanigans look. But, hey! Now I can put it up on the blog! If you know it, just, um....sing to your computer screen!

There were three little muffins in the muffin shop
You know the kind with the honey and the nuts on top (at that part, your voice gets really high)
Along came a girl with a penny to spare
She bought that muffin, ran away from there!

There were two little muffins in the muffin shop
You know the kind with the honey and the nuts on top
Along came a girl with a penny to spare
She bought that muffin, ran away from there (forgot to mention: at this part, it starts to kinda sound like a crazy chant)

(all sad-like) There was one little muffin in the muffin shop
You know the kind....with the honey...and the nuts on top
Along came a girl.....with a...penny to spare
She saw that there were no muffins
SO INSTEAD SHE BOUGHT SOME BUBBLE GUM, BAZOOKA, ZOOKA, BUBBLE GUM!

And now that I'm done with my little song about muffin shops and Bazooka bubble gum, I can move on with my story. We were released back into the pool and promptly ran to the lazy river to go and sing the muffin shop song to our fellow swimmers.

May the odds be ever in their favor (that muffin shop song gets stuck in your head and stays there),

Zinni

No comments:

Post a Comment