Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Summer Summer

"Hello? What would you like today?"
"A butterfly."
"What two colors would you like your butterfly?"
"Red and blue."
"Okay…Here you are…Would you like any sparkles?
"Yes"
"What color?"
"Pink."
"There you are!"

"Hello? What would you like today?"

"A butterfly."

"What two colors would you like your butterfly?"

"Blue and red."

"Okay…Here you are…Would you like any sparkles?

"Yes"
"What color?"

"Purple."


"There you are!"


"Hello? What would you like today?"

"A butterfly."

You get the idea. That was how my conversations went for what seemed like a decade (well, not really, but it's a writing technique called a hyperbole) until the boys came along and did the same thing. At least they had two popular wants, instead of a butterfly with sparkles it was crocodiles and alligators. This happened the other day while doing a face-painting job at a neighbor's summer party. I didn't plan any of this- and it fit right along with my Summer Bucket List. I think, however, I only painted one single (of MANY) perfect* butterfly. It was blue and pink, if I remember right, with orange sparkles that shone brightly in the sun. The lady that did magic tricks showed me how to smudge the colors together and the blue flowed right into the pink. It really is too bad that she went right inside and washed the butterfly off less than ten minutes after the magic happened. I got pretty fast at butterflies and nobody else washed off their glamorous butterflies (I think).


I also sewed a hat this week at a little sewing camp thing a 4-H group does. My sister wanted a hat like they have in the musical, "Newsies" (probably so she could throw it up into the air or sing about how she is the king of New York in it). Over the camp, I made an octopus lunch bag, (very stylish for next year) a vest, a kite, and two Frisbees. (Sadly, one of them is on the roof).

 I went down to water my strawberries (because it's sunny enough to water) and guess what? They're GROWING! Yeah, that's right. I see little green strawberries that will (hopefully) grow happily into red ripe strawberries.

 I'm going to camp on TUESDAY. That's only FOUR more days! Let's hope the weather's good for swimming- I don't know...

*Perfection is a term used by many people in different ways. By a "perfect butterfly", I meant that it was the best job I could do under the circumstances I had.  

~POSTED BY RHODO~

No comments:

Post a Comment