Monday, September 2, 2013

My Perfect Schedule

Okay, this will be a quick, short, and no-complaining post. In fact, it's quite a happy one. Why, might you ask? Read the title of this post. It's time to talk about my eighth grade class schedule. By the way, school also starts for me in two days.

1st Period: 8th Grade Math with a teacher whom I have heard is quite strict, but teaches math well. She doesn't allow gum in her classroom :( but oh well. In all honesty, I am excited to have her as a teacher.
2nd Period: Earth Science. Rocks. And Fossils. And such. I heard from someone that we got to do something with astrology. I have always loved the stars. They are millions of light years away, but you can still see them. The ultimate you-can-look-but-can't-touch. Plus, I have the cutest galaxy print backpack from the store PINK by Victoria's Secret.
3rd Period: Child Psychology. The room for this class is SO COOL. It doubles as the Food Science room, so it's like a giant kitchen. I haven't heard anything about the teacher, she's new to our school. The course description sounded really fascinating, so I thought, why not? What's the harm, it's only a semester long class!
4th & 5th Period: Advanced Humanities. This is a two-year commitment class. I took the first year in 7th grade, and this year will be my last year. The class is a blend of history and language arts, except at a faster pace with more advanced work than the regular course. Last year we studied World History, and this year we are studying U.S. History. I've never been a huge fan of U.S. History, but I am open to discovering new things. Plus, the teachers make it fun..most of the time (Cornell notes on the other hand...not so much)
6th Period: French 1. I am both excited and nervous for this class. They teach it in a method called "full-emerge," so on the first day, the teacher speaks French, and rarely speaks English. I guess there have been studies showing that this method is one of the better ways to teach it.

So, that's all for me right now! I will try to post either on the first day of school, when I get home, or on Friday, when I've had 3 full days of school.

TTYLBFFFL(Talk To You Later Best Friends Forever For Life),

Zinni

No comments:

Post a Comment